Women boxing gloves 14 oz or 12 oz. To answer the question is not easy!
First, we need to consider several factors: physical parameters and what kind of workout we are talking about.
Naturally, as most women want to look “cool”, I think the color and design factor would have some meaning. For me, this is not important. I think that the practicality and quality of the gloves are more important. But ultimately everyone decides on their own.
Is there any difference between male and female boxing gloves?
Many people think that female boxing gloves are unisex gloves colored in rose. That’s not exactly right. Women’s boxing gloves are specially designed for thin and narrow hands.
Boxing gloves are made with an internal component called a cage. This is the part of the glove that holds the palm directly. Most women gloves are designed with smaller versions of these components for a more comfortable and precise fit. Since women usually have thinner hands, these internal cells are often narrower when they are designed for women.
Which are perfect for me? Women boxing gloves 14 oz or women boxing gloves 12 oz? Do my physical parameters matter?
Here, I have tried to give you basic guidance on the choice of gloves. In this article, I will only note the parameters for most women as this concerns the choice between 12 and 14 ounces.
- For women weighing less than 54 kg the most suitable would be 12 oz gloves.
- For women weighing over 68 kg. It is advisable to use gloves weighing 14 oz.
- For women ranging from 54 to 68 kg, the choice between 12 to 14 is dependent on the way and the purpose of the training.
I am fluctuating between women boxing gloves 14 oz and 12 oz! The answer is one -the way of training!
The heavy gloves load the muscles of the arms, shoulders, and back. They are ideal for increasing muscle mass in these areas.
- If you want to improve your muscular endurance, use 14 ounces.
- The lightweight 12 gloves are ideal for sparring.
- If you want to work for speed and technique, choose 12 ounces.
The circumference of the hand should always be taken into mind. The glove should comfortably fit into a fist to prevent injury. Consideration should be given to the possibility of using hand wraps underneath it to protect the knuckle of the hands and wrists.
Long nails and manicures are not recommended. It’s a sport, not a fashion!
A few more tips.
About the color and the brand I will not comment on anything because as I said, everyone decides for themselves. I only want to pay attention to quality and construction.
- Gloves are like shoes – the best ones are made of leather. If you want to use them for a long time choose an expensive but quality.
- The most commonly used gloves are with Velcro for the simple reason that they can be adjusted pretty easily by yourself.
- For most workouts use gloves with Velcro.
- For sparring, you can use laced gloves because they can be well secured.